Thursday, November 11, 2010

ROADHOUSE RELICS SHOP TRUCK!





Finally finished it!
I've been restoring a 1959 Chevrolet Apache pickup for the last 3 1/2 years. My Dad and I did all of the work ourselves. When I bought it, it was basically a frame, cab, and boxes of rusty parts.
I knew that we had our work cut out for us, but I never dreamed it would be this much work!
The list of upgrades includes:
All rusted panels cut out and replaced with new metal.
1979 Camaro subframe
Firewall mounted Master Cylinder
Chevy Caprice rear end
305 Cubic inch V8
Turbo 350 automatic transmission
Chevy 5 bolt Rally wheels with 1959 truck hubcaps
Custom mix acrylic enamel paint( the color was mixed by my wife, we call it Sarah's Blue)
Tilt steering wheel

I just brought the truck home yesterday. Everywhere I go, it's like a 1 truck parade!
I couldn't have done it without my Dad, and I appreciate the help.
I also am thankful to my wife, who was very supportive of a far away dream that finally came true.

4 comments:

Jonathan Glover Photography said...

Congratulations Todd to you and your dad for a job very well done. Most people have no idea how much blood, sweat and sacrifice goes into a project like this. It's a big deal and the truck looks fantastic!

Unknown said...

Awesome bro! Proud for you!

Lauri Johnston said...

Saw you cruising down South 1st the other day. Best truck in town! I love the 78704 license plate.

rembret said...

Awesome Truck! You guys are extremely talented. I've been checking back to the blog regularly. Would love to see some postings about recent work, especially with some intermediate photos as the projects develop. btw- My wife fell in love with the Firefly Jars.